Sunday, October 31, 2010

So many Birthdays

October is the month of birthday's in and around our household... We have Laine, Chayse, Ryan and Myself, not to mention the cousins and niece we have with October birthdays! As much as I love to have big shindigs for my gals, the same is not said for myself.  Although, I do like to do something fun, to set the day aside from all others, but in the long run- I want nothing more than just a little relaxing evening with my family, and perhaps a nice dinner with my man! Good thing Ryan wants the samefor his birthday... Perhaps it has something to do with having the same birthday!? 
Yes, its true, and quite strange I must admit...  Ryan and I have the exact same birhtday, except 6 years apart.  We would have also had our Wedding day on this same day as well... had I not been so adamant against it! We can't throw everything into the same day! One day to celebrate, one present... no thanks! (Not like we ever exchange them anyway...) But- nonetheless, where's the fun in that!?
So, just reminiscing... here are a few pictures of our birthdays we have celebrated in the recent years...

My most favorite one is a given... I keep it framed at all times, as it is very near and dear to my heart.  One of the few pictures I have of me being sandwich between two amazing (and attractive) men! Hey this is Kentucky! I can get away with saying that about my brother!

This was taken on our birthday in 2002? And WOW- HOW THINGS HAVE CHANGED SINCE THIS PICTURE... (good and bad...)
But... we'll only stick with the good!

This picture was taken in 2006, when we celebrated our birthday- and announced we were pregnant (with sloanie!)

The next year...

We were celebrating with this little one...

And then, once again... so quickly throwing another in the mix...


And then in 2008- our birthday fell between a one year old's birthday party...



and Halloween...

So, there was no birthday for us! We don't even have a picture of us on our birthday (and I just realized it while I was trying to dig one up!) Pathetic!
So, fortunately... I have a beautiful picture to show for this years day of birthday festivities!


Great pic huh~!? 
Obviously our birthday is not at the top of our priority list anymore... For example, here is the exact detail of how this years birthday unfolded... (don't get too excited!!)
1- We woke up to Sloan tapping me on the head, saying, "mommy... mommy... get up... mommy..."  Ryan said Happy birthday, and I said the same, as then he blew his runny, congested nose.
2-We got up, got the girls ready, took Sloan to school, Chayse for her 2 year check up and flu mist, and then dropped her off at School too.
3- Went to HomeGoods to find a present for myself. This is what I found!!...

and...

* I HAD to have the mirrors!! The bench, was a little steep for what I wanted to spend- especially since I didn't know where to put it... but I could always make room...

4- I checked my account, to see how much I could spend- and realized my mortgage had just gone through... not good for a spur of the moment shopping spree! Bummer...
5- So... I left empty handed, and headed into work earlier than planned before my 1:00 meeting.
6- I spent the rest of the afternoon in my meeting while checking all the wonderful birthday wishes on Facebook, and responding back to the wishful texts! (This is one of the few days I love Facebook!) - If I could just remember to turn off my email notifications when I get on FB! I'm sure I would have a much better relationship with it, if it did not alert me on every...single...thing!
7- Tried to text Ryan, but realized his meeting was much more important than mine, since he could not be distracted and text.  Was he was actually listening to his!?
8- Picked up the girls from school, stopped in the grocery for some Day Quil for Ryan- came up with a bright idea to fix steaks, asparagus and potatoes for dinner...
9- Pulled in the drive to some balloons and candy on the front porch! Thank you Pammy B for the surprisingly random unexpected gift from you!! Love the babies!
10- Fixed dinner, baked cookies, sat down all together and ate a delicious... ok, so it was more like a decent meal, then watched the girls chow down the cookies and leave a chocolate chip/crumb trail following them throughout the house...great.
11- Put the girls in the bath after an explosive diaper ending up on my arm, and all over Chayse's back.
12- Decided to snag a photo since we had not gotten one all day on our birthday...
13- Did the whole bed time routine, put the girls to bed... and that's when it hit me....
14- I collapsed on the bed, blew my nose a dozen times, mustered up some strength to go downstairs with Ryan; He cleaned up and I slowly and sniffily got everything ready for the next day (school outfits, lunches, backpacks, and my coffee of course)
15- We headed upstairs and....  blew our nose yet again, Ryan took NyQuil and then... was... out...! October 27th, 9:33 he was snoring through his congestion, and I was figuring out ways to lay where I could breath through my nose... 10:54, 1:39, 5:47... uuuhhhhhh.... 6:05-ALARM...

*So... there you have it! That's all she wrote! that was it... that was our birthday!
Quite depressing. Not really the uplifting wonderful day you were hoping to hear about... But, all in all, in reality- that is our life! Why would it be any different on our birthday!?

Fortunately, we felt better this weekend and Clemmie had a birthday dinner for us!
After all the wonderful food, cake and ice cream we ate- this is what we looked like!

AAAAAHHHHHH!!

(good thing it's Halloween today!)
HAHAH! We had the best time cracking up with the hilarious and scary truth of the 'FatBooth' App!! That made the party! 
My mom also gave me some money... so, now, I am a proud owner of my mirrors I was stalking at Home Goods! Thanks Mama!!
I think they look much better here than in the store!
(The other is on the other side of the entrance door... and looks just as amazing!)

Now if someone wants to volunteer to watch the girlies so Ryan and I can actually celebrate a nice date night dinner...? (And get us a little closer to looking like the pictures above)... anyone...? anyone...? Bueller...? Bueller...?

Well, I'm off to clean the Haunted House we always live in! After today, we can't use the excuse that the spider webs are Halloween decorations!!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! HOPE YOU HAVE A FUN AND SAFE TRICK-OR-TREATING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment