Wednesday, July 21, 2010

In La La Land Yet Again

In my own little world I invisioned my first 'official' blog to be an entertaining excerpt of our life, to capture your interest, get you hooked and beg for more!
In reality: Day 1 of my blog is going to be just like every other day in my life! Completely different than what was originally planned! Why would I think otherwise!
Since the first real blog was suppose to have an upbeat and positive ring to it, I won't focus on the morning's earlier mishaps.  I'm overlooking the coffee grinds seeping into my coffee, getting soaked walking to my office without my umbrella and discovering that Sloanie and Chaysie had swiped my full tube of lipstick and changed the cars interior to splotches of hot pink.
Instead I'm going to talk about what a wonderful rest of the day I did have.

Today is my sister-in-law's birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNT T.T.!! (Aunt Traci)!!

(These are my cute nephews Trey and Brady- with T.T!)
My mother-in-law fixed T.T.'s favorite good ole' southern homecooked meal. Fried steak, (i'll have to add this recipe later- b/c it was soo good!!) mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, mozzeralla with tomatoes, fruit, bread and of course a delicious strawberry cake! (Lunch will be good tomorrow!-I have no shame in eating leftovers!)

Before we ate, the kids enjoyed picking some blackberries off the neighbors bush...

Obviously, by the ones Chayse was picking, she's not too sure on her colors and doesn't really understand, "only pick the black ones"!  No matter the color, ripe or not, she still enjoyed them!


Needless to say, this explains why there were no blackberries in the fruit salad!



To top off a wonderful day, I'll leave you with one of our favorite late night quickies. 
S'mores!! (microwavable smores more precisely) 


It just doesn't have as nice as a ring to it as the fire roasted ones on a stick... and not to mention, it's not at all comparable.  But, when its 90 degrees out, and its miserable just thinking about a fire- it is a great chocolate fix!

It's nice to switch it up between the chocolate chips (we use dark chocolate) and peanut butter cups. We usually use the large marshmallows, but the mini's were on hand.
Pop in the microwave until melted (only about 20 - 30 seconds)
DIG IN AND ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment